05. Likes:pretty humans, computers, physics (especially anything involving particle physics and cosmology), literature, theatre, video games, music, cookie dough ice cream
06. Dislikes:intense theme park rides, not knowing what's going to happen, people with caustic personalities, the phrase "I have to pee like a racehorse..."
07. Hobbies and/or Talents:web design, computer repair, bike riding, writing, art, cooking (especially anything cooked in a pan; I do a lot of stir fries and crazy omelets)
08. Strengths:communicating with people of various ages, understanding people, understanding academic subjects, math (especially calculus, though geometry is not my strong point)
09. Weaknesses:worrying a lot, reacting emotionally to people disagreeing with/disliking me or things I do, memorization (one of my goals in college is to actually memorize things when I need to despite the fact that I loathe memorization), being too harsh on myself, being competitive, studying (I am one of those pretty intelligent lazy people whose idea of studying is glancing at a paper once or twice and then going on the internet for three hours)
01. Colour:I'm thinking orange today. :)
02. Movies:Sunshine and The Breakfast Club.
03. Books:A Wrinkle in Time is my current favorite. I also really like Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Timequake, Companions of the Night, and the Abhorsen books.
04. Music:The Mountain Goats. My absolute favorite band.
This or That
01. Leader or follower? Leader, though I do feel a bit weird when people start to follow me. I sometimes find them crowding.
02. Brains or brawn? Brains, definitely.
03. Fight or run? Hmmm- depends on the fight. On some issues, I wouldn't run, and if I were protecting someone else, I definitely wouldn't run. But if it means escaping with my life, I will run.
04. Psychological warfare, or a good ol' fashioned ass-kickin'? Psychological, though I'd prefer not to have to fight at all.
05. Dreamer or realist? Dreamer.
06. Win at all costs, or honour until the end?Honour until the end.
07. Paper or plastic? Erm, paper? Or neither? Perhaps a nice reusable bag?
01. How to do react to stressful situations? I try to get away from people. Though sometimes I go into full freakout mode and feel the need to tune out all other noises or distracting elements. I react really strongly to those.
02. Who is your least favourite person in the universe, fictional or not? I really don't quite know. There are a lot of hateful people out there, but I try not to hate back.
03. The eternal question. You find a wallet full of money, credit cards, etc. What do you do with it? Try to look for the owner, definitely.
04. How well do you take an insult? Not very well. Though it depends on my closeness to the person. If someone I don't know very well or care much about insults me, I can take it better. If someone I know well and care about does, I tend to feel like I've somehow hurt them, and feel guilty for not being what they like. I'm trying to stop doing this, but it's tough for me.
05. Pick a weapon.Baseball bat, a la Ace from Doctor Who. :)
06. You're sending a capsule into space, to educate any alien races who might find it on human culture. Remember, you have to impress them, or else they'll think we're stupid and blow us up. What do you put in the capsule? A series of landscapes and a CD of post-rock. These are both things that don't require an understanding of our language to experience, and communicate a range of emotions and some of what Earth looks like.
Current Mood: accomplished